Clients Ryan has worked with
API Management/Systems Integration
Engaged to integrate legacy business systems with Dynamics AX and other Microsoft cloud services, facilitating the consolidation of stock management across multiple national warehouses. Developed highly-available micro-services for connecting legacy software, and established API management processes in line with Azure best practices. Key activities included:
- Development of resilient message processing using Azure Functions, queues, topics/subscriptions
- Development of Nuget packages to enrich logs and leverage correlation ID between dependent components
- Usage of MongoDB Wire Protocol on Cosmos DB
- Designing and implementing high-availability services capable of withstanding Azure regional failures
Senior Back End Developer
Brought on to prepare OpenPay's platform for their launch into the European market, including highly sensitive requirements related to GDPR, fraud detection, and the integration of their platform with Stripe (a multi-national payment gateway). Key activities included:
- Development of integration with the AWS Fraud Engine, using AWS lambdas, DynamoDB and S3 technologies
- Adaptation of OpenPay payment engine for integration with Stripe, in accordance with EU/UK requirements
- Refactoring of legacy system features as microservices, for easier maintenance and better readability
Back End API Developer - Mobile
Engaged to develop a public-facing API to provide AGL's 3.5 million users a means to manage their own customer profile via their mobile device, including changes to their service contract and a view of their consumption metrics. In addition to product development, created management tools and DevOps practices to support ongoing ownership by multiple teams.
- Implemented DR solution involving App Services, Cosmos DB, Blob Storage and KeyVault
- Developed project templates, dashboards and an approval API to facilitate ongoing work by project teams
- Developed microservices load-balanced between Azure data centers, with auto-scaling and Key Vault security
- Components included: Azure Functions, Web Application, Azure Redis, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Storage, Azure Key Vault.
Projects Ryan has worked on
Readied Payment Gateway for EU Launch
Adapted OpenPay's platform to accommodate the AWS Fraud Engine and GDPR requirements, in preparation for UK launch. Developed integration with international payment gateway Stripe.
Developed Mobile API Accessible to 3.5 Million Users
Created the API that powers AGL's mobile application, used by customers to securely mange their contract and personal data. Includes high availability, auto-scaling and Key Vault security.