Clients Mark has worked with
Lead Experience Designer
While at ANZ, Mark led the experience design components of programs within ANZ. He worked with both ANZ employees and customers to work on improving the customer experience and streamlining their key products. Key responsibilities include:
- The re-design of core banking applications to support ANZ in delivering key services
- Merging two different .com websites together to unify the website experience – primarily focused on research and discovery, but lead to a unified information architecture
- Managing strategy, stakeholder engagement and comms to ensure sufficient buy-in to the change across the institutional business.
- Liaising with different parties to achieve different results, and unifying the vision of a project across different departments
Senior UX Designer
Mark was in charge of delivering insights through qualitative research activities to further development. He was involved in defining the target customer experience. He also helped to envision and build an enviable suite of products so Origin could continue to increase their market share. Key responsibilities included:
- Leading the researching and discovery work for a new portal for the building industry
- Managing new utility connection requests, both temporary and permanent
- Developing a customer centric approach to the development of the product in collaboration with other experience designers in the sales squad.
- Building a reporting portal for the NSW government
Lead Service Designer
While at Tennis Australia, Mark worked on a project that involved developing a way for players to select racquets. Tennis Australia wanted to embrace the data revolution that was occurring in other sports and bring that to tennis to help professional players achieve their goals. Key responsibilities included:
- Collecting data to increase performance and reduce injury based on data from the HawkEye court tech system
- Working with the Game Insight Group who have a mandate to revolutionise tennis through science
- Promoting a human centred design approach to the development of digital products in collaboration with TA's head of customer experience.
Projects Mark has worked on
Merging two websites to become more than the sum of their parts
ANZ wanted to create a unified .com experience to improve the way they assisted their business customers. They were looking to design a new information architecture to support a singular site for their corporate and institutional audience. Mark ran design studios to help stakeholders get involved, and to learn more about what ANZ’s audience was looking for. At the end of the process, he produced a report that articulated the insights found during the project. It was a report that was instrumental in justifying the project’s next step – building the information architecture required.
Optimising the SuperCoach app so fans could play in a totally different way
SuperCoach is a fantasy AFL game owned by News Corp Australia that attracts 100s of thousands of fans. At the start of the 2014 season, Mark oversaw the development of a new app that enhanced the user experience and communicated the value of SuperCoach to both old and new users. He conducted diary studies at the beginning of the season, helping to build empathy for the user and to further understand how they were interacting with the SuperCoach product. These studies helped him justify what he wanted to build into the app – delivering a better experience for all involved.
Making it even easier for small businesses to lease phones
While working with Telstra, Mark was tasked with finding a better way for small businesses to lease phones. Telstra worked with a third party to lease out the phones, and there was a need for a better workflow to be implemented. Mark looked at the existing infrastructure surrounding the process. He then worked closely with both business and technology teams to define a process to provide Telstra business customers the best possible experience. The result? Business owners could get the phones they needed sooner, with a lot less hassle.