Clients Gabriel has worked with
SaaS Team Lead
Lead a team of developers operating a Software as a Service product. Customers included Downer, Telstra and others. Maintained iterations of the product while leveraging feature toggles to redesign certain critical components.
- Improved security practice: scrubbed secrets from source-control history, segregated environments
- Reduced release time 50% by creating an AWS golden AMI with all required dependencies
- Raised release cadence 10x (from every few weeks to every few days)
- Triaged issues through to resolution and responded to customer enquiries
Principal Engineer, Team Lead
Lead a team involved in the replatforming of an enrollment portal serving over 160,000 members. Primary goals were the resolution of performance issues under twice-yearly maximum load, and architecting an underlying environment capable of hosting all of CPA's applications.
- Built a single page application (SPA) and a Backend for Frontend to streamline API and microservices architecture
- Integrated Application Insights across all core services for end-to-end tracing
- Emitted customer metrics and created a Log Analytics dashboard for pinpointing bottlenecks during load testing
Provided AGL support and guidance for their digital transformation program, including the augmentation and roadmap of public applications serving their custom base of 3.5M people. Scope of work included the "My Account" application AGL customers use to manage their payments and services.
- Built additional features into AGL's various APIs, including self-service installment plans for customers
- Educated in-house staff on the usage of WinDbg for ongoing debugging and troubleshooting
- Minimised production downtime by eliminating issues related to the blocking of async calls
- Outlined a migration path for moving to .NET Core
Projects Gabriel has worked on
Augmented Software Suite of Global Vendor, Built Pipeline to Amazon Cloud
Developed mobile applications for global automotive dealership software provider Dealer Drive, whose adoption metrics include 14.5M vehicles loaned to customers. Designed and built the Docker deployment pipeline for implementation in the Amazon Web Services cloud.
Replatformed CPA Australia's Enrolment Portal Serving 160,000 Members
Redesigned the CPA application used by chartered accountants across Australia, Asia and the US for certification enrolment, architecting it to perform under maximum load. Built an underlying platform to effectively host the entire range of CPA applications.