Clients Florencia has worked with
Lead Experience Designer
In this role Florencia led user research and design on a new finance platform to manage deals and contract rebates, including claims management. By streamlining internal workflows and providing an improved daily view of profitability, it is estimated that this new system will save JB Hi-Fi millions of dollars in revenue.
- Running lean research with key users of the new system (finance and buying teams.)
- Translating user research data into customer journeys visualising current workflows and identifying pain points and opportunities.
- Facilitating stakeholder workshops to define a product vision and strategy for the new finance system.
- Developing end-to-end user flows outlining the processes and interactions in the new platform.
- Creating wireframes and prototypes (from low to high fidelity) backed by regular user testing feedback.
- Applying a new visual language for the new platform, consistent with JB Hi-Fi brand guidelines.
- Driving prioritisation and writing requirements in Azure DevOps.
Lead Experience Designer
Engaged to help maximise e-commerce conversion rates and improve the overall customer experience, Florencia is currently leading the design and customer research activities at Bed Bath N' Table. Following a research project to investigate opportunities for personalising the customer experience, she's now updating the e-commerce platform in the following areas:
- Checkout optimisation
- e-gift card features
- Navigation and filtering
- PLP & PDP redesign
Lead Experience Designer
Cengage Australia is a major education publisher offering print and digital education products to the Higher Education, Secondary and Primary markets. Florencia was responsible for leading key research and UX design initiatives across all three portfolios to shape the company's new digital strategy. A key focus was in creating a "research culture" within the business, by finding creative ways to communicate insights and engaging different teams in the research process. Some of her responsibilities included:
- Guiding teams and senior stakeholders in the process of establishing a product vision and strategy
- Managing research projects, timelines and budgets; managing contractors for overflow work
- Collaborating with visual designers to translate user research insights into design concepts
- Leading testing sessions to gather user feedback in each stage of the design journey
Lead UX/UI Designer
Arkade is a digital agency specialising in retail products and loyalty programs. In this role, Florencia reshaped and managed the design practice within the agency as well as led research and UX design projects for a wide variety of retail clients. Some of her core responsibilities included:
- Leading user research and UX design for the new Debenhams Australia mobile app
- Planning incoming research and design work, including timelines and budgets
- Designing UX and UI improvements for existing clients, based on laboratory and guerrilla in-store testing
- Expanding the design team's capability with additional hires and improvements to work methodologies
Experience Design Consultant
ThoughtWorks is a global technology business offering consulting and custom software development services. While there, Florencia worked on a variety of projects for their various enterprise clients, one of which was for a large Australian banking and insurance corporation. Some of her responsibilities included:
- Driving a national transformation initiative to embed designers within IT development teams, creating a more cross-functional workplace
- Improving collaboration between design and development teams and upskilling existing teams on human-centered design practices
- Leading UX design and user testing for a new marketplace platform that unites customer banking and insurance accounts
- Leading a service design initiative to improve internal use of a multi-brand, multi-platform design system used by over 150 products
Projects Florencia has worked on
Omnichannel Customer App Created for Fashion Retailer's Australian Launch
Designed a mobile app unifying the customer experience, in and out of the store. Integrating ecommerce and loyalty points programs in one place, its features also included scheduling beauty and stylist appointments, scanning items in-store for product information, and mobile-based loyalty cards for use during checkout.
Online Customer Dashboard Designed for Banking and Insurance Giant
Created a centralised insurance and banking dashboard customers could use to manage insurance products from multiple vendors, while viewing their current financial status. Integrating information from over a dozen insurance providers, the app was made available to the bank's 9 million customers nation-wide.
Digital Learning Platform Created for Second Largest Textbook Publisher In Australia
Designed an ecosystem of digital resources closely aligned with the publisher's print-based learning tools, to be made available to students nation-wide. Mapped the language learning journey for grades 7-10, then identified multimedia content such as video, quizzes and other formats that aligned to specific types of learners.