Clients Ella has worked with
Senior Business Analyst
At Morrgul, Ella works as both a Business Analyst, and acts as an IT Administrator. She’s been influential in streamlining the non-for-profit’s document management, as well as simplifying their processes to make their operations more efficient. Key responsibilities include:
- Analysing how they could make their business more efficient
- Studying their email marketing tools and making suggestions on how they could improve their methods
- Set up a document management system using SharePoint
- Microsoft Office Administration
- Instrumental in document migration
While with flybuys, Ella was involved in a complete re-platform of the flybuys core systems from Coles infrastructure to the cloud in AWS. Flybuys and Coles had recently separated and needed their systems completely rebuilt. Ella was instrumental in helping set up agile teams, ceremonies and reporting, as well as gathering key requirements for different systems for the migration.
Ella worked at Myer as part of the Browse and Discovery team. They are responsible for the customer journey from searching for a product, to adding it to your shopping cart. With lots of competing priorities, as well as other teams constantly needing small projects completed, Ella quickly became a master at understanding what was the highest priority at any given time. Key responsibilities included:
- Guiding the team in following agile practices including kick-offs, walkthroughs, stand ups and retrospectives
- Stakeholder management and relationship building across the business
- Clearly setting and managing stakeholder expectations
- Facilitation of workshops including gathering requirements, story breakdown, sprint/iteration planning & estimation sessions
- Driving continuous improvement initiatives
Projects Ella has worked on
Ordering Pizza is Just an SMS Away
One of Ella’s proudest achievements is working with the team at Dominos to successfully deliver SMS ordering. Customers were now able to place orders easier than ever, completely via SMS. The functionality was built from scratch, and they were able to launch this product ahead of schedule. At the time, it was completely new technology, and their team had almost full autonomy when working on it. Next time you go to order a pizza via text, you have Ella and her team to thanks.
Promoting A Better Team Environment At Amaysim
One of Ella’s favourite things to do is to help a team become more agile. While working at Amaysim, she was constantly looking for ways to uplift job practices. Ways she did this included desk checks, walkthroughs, stand ups, retrospectives and showcases. She was able to promote a more transparent, collaborative environment – making every team’s work better.
Providing A Truly End-To-End Tracking Tool At AIA
Ella was key in successfully delivering The Group Website at AIA. This was a white-labelled product for internal use and gave Fund staff an end-to-end-tracking tool assisting in managing member underwriting and claims. It was built in Adobe Experience Manager, and she was there from conception to release – guiding its journey along every step of the way.