Clients David has worked with
Principal Enterprise Architect/Head of Internal Systems
As Principal Enterprise Architect, David provided a strategic roadmap for all projects that need to be delivered to keep the business running as optimally as possible. He leads several project teams, and plans, budgets, delivers, maintains and manages change for a range of strategic information systems and reporting strategies. Key responsibilities included:
- Looking after everything used to run the business end-to-end along the value chain
- Multiple Salesforce implementations
- The rollout of Single Touch Payroll within NetSuite ERP which handles payroll for over 550 employees
- A migration to Oracle NetSuite
- A migration for both Readify and Kloud onto Telstra’s NetSuite ERP tenant.
Head of Delivery
After joining Readify in 2010, David spent time in a range of roles. Like many, he felt that Readify was a highly regarded technology consultancy with an amazing reputation and amazing people. As Delivery Manager, he had 65 consultants reporting to him, and managed their projects, careers and lead management. He focused on ensuring the right blend of people on different projects, so people could deliver the outcomes outlined in their statement of work. Key responsibilities included:
- Overseeing the commercial delivery of all projects within the state (up to 15 clients and more than 20 projects)
- Setting the correct level of governance for each project
- Hiring the right people with the right skills with respect to the sales pipeline and capacity requirements
- Managing engagement and customer related issues and escalations
As a Lead Consultant, David was customer-focused, and part of Readify’s Leadership Group. He gravitated towards larger engagements, and then managed a smaller team. He mentored and coached fellow consultants and clients, as well as helping with professional/career development. If his team had a professional or personal issue, then David was the person they turned to. Key responsibilities included:
- Technical and Architectural guidance
- Mentoring and coaching fellow consultants and clients
- Conducting performance reviews
- Providing guidance for Professional Development
Projects David has worked on
Managing The Performance Of The Doctors Of NSW
David was instrumental in building a tool to protect the public safety and health of NSW citizens. He helped build a database for capturing doctor registrations. He also assisted in developing a data capture and processing tool to manage their performance. The information captured would feed into tribunal decisions, and compliance and conduct decisions were then able to be driven by that information. The database also captured the outcome of compliance and conduct decisions, which meant conditions could be placed on doctors when necessary. It’s one of David’s proudest achievements.
Going Back To His Roots With A Mine To Port Project
David comes from a logistics background, so he was delighted to help Honeywell with a logistics and manufacturing solution. He was involved in developing a way to track the mining of coal into trucks. They would then be placed into stockpiles. Each stockpile was given a unique identifier, so when they were reclaimed and placed on containers and trains, they could be tracked onto ships for export. It was a huge project, and David relished breaking down the parts of the project into bite-sized pieces of a solution. He loves trying to find simple solutions for a complex problem.
Helping Toll To Make A Good Process Even Better
Toll wanted David to help optimise their process when trucks entered the wharf. They already had a process that was working, but they wanted to implement a software solution to save time and money. Bottlenecks were occurring when trucks were entering Toll’s wharf, meaning the drivers were spending time waiting when they could have been focusing their energies on other outcomes for the company. David helped to remove bottlenecks by simplifying time management, so trucks were allocated a specific time to enter the wharf. He smoothed out the process, and everyone involved was better for it.