Clients Amanda has worked with
Senior Cloud Engineer
WSO2 is an open source integration vendor, helping digitally driven organisations enhance their business through agile integrations. Amanda played an integral role in simplifying the customer experience easier through implementing smart design and pushing for the best results.
Amanda worked on developing a range of API gateways, allowing WSO2 to be used in different ways by different businesses. She developed significant architecture around WSO2’s cloud capabilities and allowed customers to use self-service portals and analytics features to enhance the benefits of WSO2.
Key responsibilities include:
- Designing the architecture of hybrid API gateway for WSO2 cloud to be deployed across on-premise data centres and public cloud infrastructures
- Implemented the API synchronization technique between the micro gateway and WSO2 API cloud, enabling customers to use self-service portals and analytics features offered by the SaaS API management
- Assisted customers with the deployment of micro API gateways in on-premise data centres, as well as in public cloud platforms including AWS, GCP and Azure, supporting the integration of the gateway with the WSO2 API cloud.
Tools and technologies used include:
- Spring Boot
Amanda worked as a Software Engineer with MillenniumIT Software, who are part of the London Stock Exchange Group, a global financial markets infrastructure business. While at MillenniumIT, Amanda's key wins included:
- Designing and implementing an anomalous trading platforms configurator
- Developing an R package for identifying and visualising anomalies in stock trading patterns
- Developing an integration for internal software to be compatible with the pattern configurator using RCPP
- Key technologies used included: C + +, R
Projects Amanda has worked on
Hybrid Gateway Deployed Across Multiple Datacentres and Cloud Infrastrucutres
Amanda designed a hybrid API gateway to be deployed across on-premise data centres and public cloud infrastructures. She specifically designed this lightweight micro API gateway for high availability, efficient resource utilisation and auto-scaling. It allows customers to use the self-service portals and analytics features offered by the SaaS API management offerings of WSO2.
How One Alternate Subscription Path Opened Up A New Customer Base
By introducing an alternate subscription path for the WSO2 API cloud, Amanda opened up the API management offerings of WSO2 to a new customer base. She designed the architecture for integrating the API cloud with the AWS Marketplace and developed both the front and back-end requirements needed for the integration. She used multiple AWS components, including S3, Lambda, SQS queues, SNS topics and AWS metering to handle all the integration’s steps, keeping it as streamlined and sleek as possible.
Making A Role-Based API Management Feature A Reality
Amanda designed and developed proof of concepts to demonstrate how complex on-premise deployments could be migrated to the WSO2 public cloud platform. This allowed her to implement a role-based API management feature for the WSO2 API cloud and enhanced monetisation and self-signup features. She also engaged in on call 24x7 production support rotation of WSO2 cloud to help clients investigate and resolve issues arising in production environments.